given hostname and port how to upload a websiteHow to configure apache / php / postfix website emails when using vhosts?How to access Ubuntu server 12.10 via hostname,PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()Automatically deleted MySQL database table when restart serverCan't run PHP script accessing my Mysql databseAccess Denied for user 'linuxuser'@'localhost' (using password: no)Host a website on lamp serverAccess PHPMyadmin in UbuntuUnable to insert in table in database in mysql using phpLAMP fully installed but MySQL is not working

How is the Swiss post e-voting system supposed to work, and how was it wrong?

The three point beverage

Plywood subfloor won't screw down in a trailer home

How could our ancestors have domesticated a solitary predator?

How to deal with a cynical class?

What is the definition of "Natural Selection"?

Unreachable code, but reachable with exception

Question about partial fractions with irreducible quadratic factors

Making a sword in the stone, in a medieval world without magic

How does airport security verify that you can carry a battery bank over 100 Wh?

What happens with multiple copies of Humility and Glorious Anthem on the battlefield?

Good for you! in Russian

Is all copper pipe pretty much the same?

Nimitta - sutta references

Why would a jet engine that runs at temps excess of 2000°C burn when it crashes?

How does Dispel Magic work against Stoneskin?

What is the likely impact on flights of grounding an entire aircraft series?

Can't remove a file with file mode bits a+rw

Gravity alteration as extermination tool viable?

Is a lawful good "antagonist" effective?

How do anti-virus programs start at Windows boot?

Potentiometer like component

Can you reject a postdoc offer after the PI has paid a large sum for flights/accommodation for your visit?

Is having access to past exams cheating and, if yes, could it be proven just by a good grade?



given hostname and port how to upload a website


How to configure apache / php / postfix website emails when using vhosts?How to access Ubuntu server 12.10 via hostname,PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()Automatically deleted MySQL database table when restart serverCan't run PHP script accessing my Mysql databseAccess Denied for user 'linuxuser'@'localhost' (using password: no)Host a website on lamp serverAccess PHPMyadmin in UbuntuUnable to insert in table in database in mysql using phpLAMP fully installed but MySQL is not working













0















So I'm given a hostname along with the port number. I'm trying to run this site on my computer but all i see is default apache2 page.



I have LAMP installed on Ubuntu 18.04.
Latest version of PMA along with MySQl and PHP. I created a database in mysql through terminal. I then went to PMA and imported the database that i had into freshly created database.



Now i don't know how to launch that website. I have the hostname and the port number. I don't the configuration that I have to do.










share|improve this question







New contributor




Jainam Patel is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • is this site public (internet), local network or just from your same machine?

    – bistoco
    1 hour ago











  • hostname and port will get you to the server but not any application running on it unless it's been configured to do so. is it possible you're missing more to the url... somehost:8080/someapp vs just somehost:8080

    – Steve
    18 mins ago















0















So I'm given a hostname along with the port number. I'm trying to run this site on my computer but all i see is default apache2 page.



I have LAMP installed on Ubuntu 18.04.
Latest version of PMA along with MySQl and PHP. I created a database in mysql through terminal. I then went to PMA and imported the database that i had into freshly created database.



Now i don't know how to launch that website. I have the hostname and the port number. I don't the configuration that I have to do.










share|improve this question







New contributor




Jainam Patel is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.




















  • is this site public (internet), local network or just from your same machine?

    – bistoco
    1 hour ago











  • hostname and port will get you to the server but not any application running on it unless it's been configured to do so. is it possible you're missing more to the url... somehost:8080/someapp vs just somehost:8080

    – Steve
    18 mins ago













0












0








0








So I'm given a hostname along with the port number. I'm trying to run this site on my computer but all i see is default apache2 page.



I have LAMP installed on Ubuntu 18.04.
Latest version of PMA along with MySQl and PHP. I created a database in mysql through terminal. I then went to PMA and imported the database that i had into freshly created database.



Now i don't know how to launch that website. I have the hostname and the port number. I don't the configuration that I have to do.










share|improve this question







New contributor




Jainam Patel is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












So I'm given a hostname along with the port number. I'm trying to run this site on my computer but all i see is default apache2 page.



I have LAMP installed on Ubuntu 18.04.
Latest version of PMA along with MySQl and PHP. I created a database in mysql through terminal. I then went to PMA and imported the database that i had into freshly created database.



Now i don't know how to launch that website. I have the hostname and the port number. I don't the configuration that I have to do.







server apache2 mysql






share|improve this question







New contributor




Jainam Patel is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.











share|improve this question







New contributor




Jainam Patel is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









share|improve this question




share|improve this question






New contributor




Jainam Patel is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.









asked 2 hours ago









Jainam PatelJainam Patel

111




111




New contributor




Jainam Patel is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.





New contributor





Jainam Patel is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.






Jainam Patel is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.












  • is this site public (internet), local network or just from your same machine?

    – bistoco
    1 hour ago











  • hostname and port will get you to the server but not any application running on it unless it's been configured to do so. is it possible you're missing more to the url... somehost:8080/someapp vs just somehost:8080

    – Steve
    18 mins ago

















  • is this site public (internet), local network or just from your same machine?

    – bistoco
    1 hour ago











  • hostname and port will get you to the server but not any application running on it unless it's been configured to do so. is it possible you're missing more to the url... somehost:8080/someapp vs just somehost:8080

    – Steve
    18 mins ago
















is this site public (internet), local network or just from your same machine?

– bistoco
1 hour ago





is this site public (internet), local network or just from your same machine?

– bistoco
1 hour ago













hostname and port will get you to the server but not any application running on it unless it's been configured to do so. is it possible you're missing more to the url... somehost:8080/someapp vs just somehost:8080

– Steve
18 mins ago





hostname and port will get you to the server but not any application running on it unless it's been configured to do so. is it possible you're missing more to the url... somehost:8080/someapp vs just somehost:8080

– Steve
18 mins ago










0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);






Jainam Patel is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1125433%2fgiven-hostname-and-port-how-to-upload-a-website%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








Jainam Patel is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









draft saved

draft discarded


















Jainam Patel is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












Jainam Patel is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











Jainam Patel is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














Thanks for contributing an answer to Ask Ubuntu!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1125433%2fgiven-hostname-and-port-how-to-upload-a-website%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Is compression “encryption” under FCC regs?Signing of messages transmitted over ham radioWhy do Amateur Radio organizations in the United States oppose the relaxation of encryption prohibitions?How far from earth do FCC regulations apply?How can I know whether a radio is FCC approved?FCC tracking of unlicensed FRS/GMRS transmissionsWhy does the FCC put restrictions on symbol rates?legal - Do FCC regulations only apply in U.S.A?What are FCC/Industry Canada certification requirements for amateur radio related products?How to get professional or official clarification of FCC Part 97 rules for specific complicated situations?Is there any point to keep the CSCE after the FCC registers the upgrade?Do FCC regulations limit digital data rate?

macOS: Name for app shortcut screen found by pinching with thumb and three fingers Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) Should an RSS feed of hot network questions feed any chat room(s) here?How do I get three finger gestures working again in Twitter for Mac after installing Lion?After my MacBook Pro sleeps some gestures don't work anymoreIs it possible to reassign the “Pinch with thumb and three fingers” gesture to activate Dashboard instead of Launchpad?Disable animation for “Swipe between full-screen apps”?OSX Yosemite Can't disable four-finger swipeDrag with three fingers missing in OS X 10.11 Beta “El Capitan” (15A215h)A shortcut for Merge all Windows on macOS SierraSet the hostname/computer name for macOSmacOS: Identify tool and keyboard shortcutQuickly save Screenshot in MacOS Mojave with keyboard Shortcut

What's wrong with this bogus proof?What's wrong with this random variable proof?What's wrong with this proof that all UFDs are Bezout?What's wrong with this proof by contradiction?A bogus proof of countable power setWhat's wrong with this proof $1=i^2=-1$What is wrong with this proofWhat's wrong with this proof of symmetry of equality?What's wrong with this 1 = -1 proof?What's wrong with this proof? (Regular languages)What's wrong in this proof of 1=2?