GNOME Night Light Setting from the Command LineGNOME Check night light stateMy laptop screen has a purple tint. How to fix it?Can't seem to turn on gnome night light from scriptScreen Brightness in CLI ModeHow to disable Alert volume from the command line?How to establish wireless connection from command line?12.04 boots to command line after running Ubuntu Tweek JanitorCan I make this keyboard light command that requires sudo run at startup?How to fix a broken gsettings setting without gnome-session?Ubuntu Touch change system settings from command line (silent mode specifically)?Gsettings errorSeriously, dconf, gconf, gsettings… How do I save my terminal settings?How can I use the command line to program a backup routine in Ubuntu 17.10?What is the gsettings equivalent of this dconf command

XeLaTeX and pdfLaTeX ignore hyphenation

Concept of linear mappings are confusing me

How old can references or sources in a thesis be?

What makes Graph invariants so useful/important?

Can an x86 CPU running in real mode be considered to be basically an 8086 CPU?

Should I join an office cleaning event for free?

A function which translates a sentence to title-case

I see my dog run

What do you call a Matrix-like slowdown and camera movement effect?

If Manufacturer spice model and Datasheet give different values which should I use?

Why are 150k or 200k jobs considered good when there are 300k+ births a month?

Why was the small council so happy for Tyrion to become the Master of Coin?

Patience, young "Padovan"

What are these boxed doors outside store fronts in New York?

How to type dʒ symbol (IPA) on Mac?

Do airline pilots ever risk not hearing communication directed to them specifically, from traffic controllers?

What defenses are there against being summoned by the Gate spell?

Why is "Reports" in sentence down without "The"

A newer friend of my brother's gave him a load of baseball cards that are supposedly extremely valuable. Is this a scam?

How did the USSR manage to innovate in an environment characterized by government censorship and high bureaucracy?

Simulate Bitwise Cyclic Tag

How to make payment on the internet without leaving a money trail?

Accidentally leaked the solution to an assignment, what to do now? (I'm the prof)

Why do we use polarized capacitor?



GNOME Night Light Setting from the Command Line


GNOME Check night light stateMy laptop screen has a purple tint. How to fix it?Can't seem to turn on gnome night light from scriptScreen Brightness in CLI ModeHow to disable Alert volume from the command line?How to establish wireless connection from command line?12.04 boots to command line after running Ubuntu Tweek JanitorCan I make this keyboard light command that requires sudo run at startup?How to fix a broken gsettings setting without gnome-session?Ubuntu Touch change system settings from command line (silent mode specifically)?Gsettings errorSeriously, dconf, gconf, gsettings… How do I save my terminal settings?How can I use the command line to program a backup routine in Ubuntu 17.10?What is the gsettings equivalent of this dconf command






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








5















How do I turn the GNOME night light on or off from the command line? I've got the command gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled but don't know what flag/argument/whatever to put on the end of it.



gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled ON
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled TRUE
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled YES PLEASE


None of those work.










share|improve this question




























    5















    How do I turn the GNOME night light on or off from the command line? I've got the command gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled but don't know what flag/argument/whatever to put on the end of it.



    gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled ON
    gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled TRUE
    gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled YES PLEASE


    None of those work.










    share|improve this question
























      5












      5








      5


      2






      How do I turn the GNOME night light on or off from the command line? I've got the command gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled but don't know what flag/argument/whatever to put on the end of it.



      gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled ON
      gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled TRUE
      gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled YES PLEASE


      None of those work.










      share|improve this question














      How do I turn the GNOME night light on or off from the command line? I've got the command gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled but don't know what flag/argument/whatever to put on the end of it.



      gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled ON
      gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled TRUE
      gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled YES PLEASE


      None of those work.







      command-line dconf gsettings






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Oct 30 '18 at 17:19









      stackinatorstackinator

      541418




      541418




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          7














          To turn on:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled true


          To turn off:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled false


          To schedule on time, here I want to schedule night light from 23:06 hrs (that is 06/60=0.1):



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from 23.1


          To schedule off time, I want to schedule night light off at 23:25 hrs (that is 25/60=0.416666666):



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to 23.416666666


          You can also set the night light temperature which will increase and decrease the brightness, 4000 is the default value for Ubuntu 18.04, you can try different values for example 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000, 10000 and set the preferred ones:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature 4000


          To get the current values for above commands, run the below commands



          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled 
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature


          Example:



          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled
          false
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from
          23.1
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to
          23.416666666000001
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature
          uint32 1000
          $





          share|improve this answer

























          • I ended up using the sudo apt-get install sct package and it's as easy as sct 5000 or sct 2300 or sct to return to defaults.

            – stackinator
            Jan 30 at 13:54











          Your Answer








          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1088650%2fgnome-night-light-setting-from-the-command-line%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes









          7














          To turn on:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled true


          To turn off:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled false


          To schedule on time, here I want to schedule night light from 23:06 hrs (that is 06/60=0.1):



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from 23.1


          To schedule off time, I want to schedule night light off at 23:25 hrs (that is 25/60=0.416666666):



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to 23.416666666


          You can also set the night light temperature which will increase and decrease the brightness, 4000 is the default value for Ubuntu 18.04, you can try different values for example 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000, 10000 and set the preferred ones:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature 4000


          To get the current values for above commands, run the below commands



          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled 
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature


          Example:



          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled
          false
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from
          23.1
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to
          23.416666666000001
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature
          uint32 1000
          $





          share|improve this answer

























          • I ended up using the sudo apt-get install sct package and it's as easy as sct 5000 or sct 2300 or sct to return to defaults.

            – stackinator
            Jan 30 at 13:54















          7














          To turn on:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled true


          To turn off:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled false


          To schedule on time, here I want to schedule night light from 23:06 hrs (that is 06/60=0.1):



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from 23.1


          To schedule off time, I want to schedule night light off at 23:25 hrs (that is 25/60=0.416666666):



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to 23.416666666


          You can also set the night light temperature which will increase and decrease the brightness, 4000 is the default value for Ubuntu 18.04, you can try different values for example 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000, 10000 and set the preferred ones:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature 4000


          To get the current values for above commands, run the below commands



          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled 
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature


          Example:



          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled
          false
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from
          23.1
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to
          23.416666666000001
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature
          uint32 1000
          $





          share|improve this answer

























          • I ended up using the sudo apt-get install sct package and it's as easy as sct 5000 or sct 2300 or sct to return to defaults.

            – stackinator
            Jan 30 at 13:54













          7












          7








          7







          To turn on:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled true


          To turn off:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled false


          To schedule on time, here I want to schedule night light from 23:06 hrs (that is 06/60=0.1):



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from 23.1


          To schedule off time, I want to schedule night light off at 23:25 hrs (that is 25/60=0.416666666):



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to 23.416666666


          You can also set the night light temperature which will increase and decrease the brightness, 4000 is the default value for Ubuntu 18.04, you can try different values for example 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000, 10000 and set the preferred ones:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature 4000


          To get the current values for above commands, run the below commands



          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled 
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature


          Example:



          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled
          false
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from
          23.1
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to
          23.416666666000001
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature
          uint32 1000
          $





          share|improve this answer















          To turn on:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled true


          To turn off:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled false


          To schedule on time, here I want to schedule night light from 23:06 hrs (that is 06/60=0.1):



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from 23.1


          To schedule off time, I want to schedule night light off at 23:25 hrs (that is 25/60=0.416666666):



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to 23.416666666


          You can also set the night light temperature which will increase and decrease the brightness, 4000 is the default value for Ubuntu 18.04, you can try different values for example 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000, 10000 and set the preferred ones:



          gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature 4000


          To get the current values for above commands, run the below commands



          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled 
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to
          gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature


          Example:



          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-enabled
          false
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-from
          23.1
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-schedule-to
          23.416666666000001
          $ gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.color night-light-temperature
          uint32 1000
          $






          share|improve this answer














          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer








          edited 8 mins ago









          Pablo Bianchi

          3,10521636




          3,10521636










          answered Oct 30 '18 at 17:36









          PRATAPPRATAP

          3,4352931




          3,4352931












          • I ended up using the sudo apt-get install sct package and it's as easy as sct 5000 or sct 2300 or sct to return to defaults.

            – stackinator
            Jan 30 at 13:54

















          • I ended up using the sudo apt-get install sct package and it's as easy as sct 5000 or sct 2300 or sct to return to defaults.

            – stackinator
            Jan 30 at 13:54
















          I ended up using the sudo apt-get install sct package and it's as easy as sct 5000 or sct 2300 or sct to return to defaults.

          – stackinator
          Jan 30 at 13:54





          I ended up using the sudo apt-get install sct package and it's as easy as sct 5000 or sct 2300 or sct to return to defaults.

          – stackinator
          Jan 30 at 13:54

















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Ask Ubuntu!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1088650%2fgnome-night-light-setting-from-the-command-line%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Is compression “encryption” under FCC regs?Signing of messages transmitted over ham radioWhy do Amateur Radio organizations in the United States oppose the relaxation of encryption prohibitions?How far from earth do FCC regulations apply?How can I know whether a radio is FCC approved?FCC tracking of unlicensed FRS/GMRS transmissionsWhy does the FCC put restrictions on symbol rates?legal - Do FCC regulations only apply in U.S.A?What are FCC/Industry Canada certification requirements for amateur radio related products?How to get professional or official clarification of FCC Part 97 rules for specific complicated situations?Is there any point to keep the CSCE after the FCC registers the upgrade?Do FCC regulations limit digital data rate?

          macOS: Name for app shortcut screen found by pinching with thumb and three fingers Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) Should an RSS feed of hot network questions feed any chat room(s) here?How do I get three finger gestures working again in Twitter for Mac after installing Lion?After my MacBook Pro sleeps some gestures don't work anymoreIs it possible to reassign the “Pinch with thumb and three fingers” gesture to activate Dashboard instead of Launchpad?Disable animation for “Swipe between full-screen apps”?OSX Yosemite Can't disable four-finger swipeDrag with three fingers missing in OS X 10.11 Beta “El Capitan” (15A215h)A shortcut for Merge all Windows on macOS SierraSet the hostname/computer name for macOSmacOS: Identify tool and keyboard shortcutQuickly save Screenshot in MacOS Mojave with keyboard Shortcut

          What's wrong with this bogus proof?What's wrong with this random variable proof?What's wrong with this proof that all UFDs are Bezout?What's wrong with this proof by contradiction?A bogus proof of countable power setWhat's wrong with this proof $1=i^2=-1$What is wrong with this proofWhat's wrong with this proof of symmetry of equality?What's wrong with this 1 = -1 proof?What's wrong with this proof? (Regular languages)What's wrong in this proof of 1=2?