How do I add stuff to top bar?Icon(s) missing from top bar after an upgrade to Ubuntu 17.10How do I show output from a script or program in Ubuntu 17.10 top-bar the way BitBar does for Mac OS X?Ubuntu 18: Top bar for all monitorsMissing menu bar in wine applications with multiple monitorsHow do I show memory usage information in top bar or as notification?Customize top bar ubuntu 18.04 gnome 3How to display custom formatted clock in top bar on multiple displays in Ubuntu 18.04?Time zone for Gnome Top Bar Ubuntu 18.10Weird top bar duplicationUbunt 18.10 customizing top bar

Should I stop contributing to retirement accounts?

Electoral considerations aside, what are potential benefits, for the US, of policy changes proposed by the tweet recognizing Golan annexation?

Redundant comparison & "if" before assignment

What should you do if you miss a job interview (deliberately)?

Can someone explain how this makes sense electrically?

Where did Heinlein say "Once you get to Earth orbit, you're halfway to anywhere in the Solar System"?

I am looking for the correct translation of love for the phrase "in this sign love"

Is there a working SACD iso player for Ubuntu?

Removing files under particular conditions (number of files, file age)

Approximating irrational number to rational number

The Staircase of Paint

Does a 'pending' US visa application constitute a denial?

What should you do when eye contact makes your subordinate uncomfortable?

Why is so much work done on numerical verification of the Riemann Hypothesis?

Create all possible words using a set or letters

Are the IPv6 address space and IPv4 address space completely disjoint?

How can we generalize the fact of finite dimensional vector space to an infinte dimensional case?

Should I outline or discovery write my stories?

Why does the Sun have different day lengths, but not the gas giants?

Has any country ever had 2 former presidents in jail simultaneously?

Creature in Shazam mid-credits scene?

Multiplicative persistence

What are the purposes of autoencoders?

Problem with TransformedDistribution



How do I add stuff to top bar?


Icon(s) missing from top bar after an upgrade to Ubuntu 17.10How do I show output from a script or program in Ubuntu 17.10 top-bar the way BitBar does for Mac OS X?Ubuntu 18: Top bar for all monitorsMissing menu bar in wine applications with multiple monitorsHow do I show memory usage information in top bar or as notification?Customize top bar ubuntu 18.04 gnome 3How to display custom formatted clock in top bar on multiple displays in Ubuntu 18.04?Time zone for Gnome Top Bar Ubuntu 18.10Weird top bar duplicationUbunt 18.10 customizing top bar













0















This is more of a asking for direction. What are the means of developing programs that can add something to the Ubuntu top bar?
What should I learn?



p.s. I am not a newbie to programming and bash.









share


























    0















    This is more of a asking for direction. What are the means of developing programs that can add something to the Ubuntu top bar?
    What should I learn?



    p.s. I am not a newbie to programming and bash.









    share
























      0












      0








      0








      This is more of a asking for direction. What are the means of developing programs that can add something to the Ubuntu top bar?
      What should I learn?



      p.s. I am not a newbie to programming and bash.









      share














      This is more of a asking for direction. What are the means of developing programs that can add something to the Ubuntu top bar?
      What should I learn?



      p.s. I am not a newbie to programming and bash.







      18.04 top-bar





      share












      share










      share



      share










      asked 8 mins ago









      Shahad IshraqShahad Ishraq

      11




      11




















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer








          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1128207%2fhow-do-i-add-stuff-to-top-bar%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Ask Ubuntu!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1128207%2fhow-do-i-add-stuff-to-top-bar%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Is compression “encryption” under FCC regs?Signing of messages transmitted over ham radioWhy do Amateur Radio organizations in the United States oppose the relaxation of encryption prohibitions?How far from earth do FCC regulations apply?How can I know whether a radio is FCC approved?FCC tracking of unlicensed FRS/GMRS transmissionsWhy does the FCC put restrictions on symbol rates?legal - Do FCC regulations only apply in U.S.A?What are FCC/Industry Canada certification requirements for amateur radio related products?How to get professional or official clarification of FCC Part 97 rules for specific complicated situations?Is there any point to keep the CSCE after the FCC registers the upgrade?Do FCC regulations limit digital data rate?

          macOS: Name for app shortcut screen found by pinching with thumb and three fingers Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) Should an RSS feed of hot network questions feed any chat room(s) here?How do I get three finger gestures working again in Twitter for Mac after installing Lion?After my MacBook Pro sleeps some gestures don't work anymoreIs it possible to reassign the “Pinch with thumb and three fingers” gesture to activate Dashboard instead of Launchpad?Disable animation for “Swipe between full-screen apps”?OSX Yosemite Can't disable four-finger swipeDrag with three fingers missing in OS X 10.11 Beta “El Capitan” (15A215h)A shortcut for Merge all Windows on macOS SierraSet the hostname/computer name for macOSmacOS: Identify tool and keyboard shortcutQuickly save Screenshot in MacOS Mojave with keyboard Shortcut

          What's wrong with this bogus proof?What's wrong with this random variable proof?What's wrong with this proof that all UFDs are Bezout?What's wrong with this proof by contradiction?A bogus proof of countable power setWhat's wrong with this proof $1=i^2=-1$What is wrong with this proofWhat's wrong with this proof of symmetry of equality?What's wrong with this 1 = -1 proof?What's wrong with this proof? (Regular languages)What's wrong in this proof of 1=2?