PC freezing about a minute or so after login Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 00:00UTC (8:00pm US/Eastern)How to login into Ubuntu after an upgrade to 12.04?python ctypes and pulseaudio segfault after upgrade to 12.04Network Manager Issues after upgrading to 12.10Ubuntu 13.04 Stuck During Boot After GrubUpgrade aborted mid-process and I've lost gnome-control-centerZFS pool broken after upgrading to 14.04 LTSAfter Upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04 login screen runs in a loop while console login worksBlack desktop background after upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04.1Cannot login using old user after new ubuntu upgradeNo upgrade available for 19.04 from 18.10

Would the Life Transference spell be unbalanced if it ignored resistance and immunity?

Is it fair for a professor to grade us on the possession of past papers?

Is it possible for SQL statements to execute concurrently within a single session in SQL Server?

Do any jurisdictions seriously consider reclassifying social media websites as publishers?

Why should I vote and accept answers?

What is the difference between globalisation and imperialism?

Most bit efficient text communication method?

How does light 'choose' between wave and particle behaviour?

Illegal assignment from sObject to Id

Why weren't discrete x86 CPUs ever used in game hardware?

As a beginner, should I get a Squier Strat with a SSS config or a HSS?

What would you call this weird metallic apparatus that allows you to lift people?

Do wooden building fires get hotter than 600°C?

How fail-safe is nr as stop bytes?

What is the appropriate index architecture when forced to implement IsDeleted (soft deletes)?

If Windows 7 doesn't support WSL, then what does Linux subsystem option mean?

Why aren't air breathing engines used as small first stages?

Central Vacuuming: Is it worth it, and how does it compare to normal vacuuming?

When a candle burns, why does the top of wick glow if bottom of flame is hottest?

How can I reduce the gap between left and right of cdot with a macro?

An adverb for when you're not exaggerating

Disembodied hand growing fangs

Is there any word for a place full of confusion?

Find 108 by using 3,4,6



PC freezing about a minute or so after login



Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara
Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 00:00UTC (8:00pm US/Eastern)How to login into Ubuntu after an upgrade to 12.04?python ctypes and pulseaudio segfault after upgrade to 12.04Network Manager Issues after upgrading to 12.10Ubuntu 13.04 Stuck During Boot After GrubUpgrade aborted mid-process and I've lost gnome-control-centerZFS pool broken after upgrading to 14.04 LTSAfter Upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04 login screen runs in a loop while console login worksBlack desktop background after upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04.1Cannot login using old user after new ubuntu upgradeNo upgrade available for 19.04 from 18.10



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















Upgraded today from 18.10 to 19.04 and now every time I login my entire PC freezes. I can't open a tty or use REISUB. Unfortunately I didn't backup since my upgrade from 18.04 to 18.10 went smoothly when that released. Felt confident nothing would go wrong and took a gamble. :/



What can I do to recover from this and not be forced to do a fresh install?










share|improve this question




























    0















    Upgraded today from 18.10 to 19.04 and now every time I login my entire PC freezes. I can't open a tty or use REISUB. Unfortunately I didn't backup since my upgrade from 18.04 to 18.10 went smoothly when that released. Felt confident nothing would go wrong and took a gamble. :/



    What can I do to recover from this and not be forced to do a fresh install?










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      Upgraded today from 18.10 to 19.04 and now every time I login my entire PC freezes. I can't open a tty or use REISUB. Unfortunately I didn't backup since my upgrade from 18.04 to 18.10 went smoothly when that released. Felt confident nothing would go wrong and took a gamble. :/



      What can I do to recover from this and not be forced to do a fresh install?










      share|improve this question














      Upgraded today from 18.10 to 19.04 and now every time I login my entire PC freezes. I can't open a tty or use REISUB. Unfortunately I didn't backup since my upgrade from 18.04 to 18.10 went smoothly when that released. Felt confident nothing would go wrong and took a gamble. :/



      What can I do to recover from this and not be forced to do a fresh install?







      upgrade do-release-upgrade 19.04






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked 11 mins ago









      UbuntuthrowUbuntuthrow

      8219




      8219




















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes












          Your Answer








          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1135096%2fpc-freezing-about-a-minute-or-so-after-login%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Ask Ubuntu!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1135096%2fpc-freezing-about-a-minute-or-so-after-login%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Is compression “encryption” under FCC regs?Signing of messages transmitted over ham radioWhy do Amateur Radio organizations in the United States oppose the relaxation of encryption prohibitions?How far from earth do FCC regulations apply?How can I know whether a radio is FCC approved?FCC tracking of unlicensed FRS/GMRS transmissionsWhy does the FCC put restrictions on symbol rates?legal - Do FCC regulations only apply in U.S.A?What are FCC/Industry Canada certification requirements for amateur radio related products?How to get professional or official clarification of FCC Part 97 rules for specific complicated situations?Is there any point to keep the CSCE after the FCC registers the upgrade?Do FCC regulations limit digital data rate?

          macOS: Name for app shortcut screen found by pinching with thumb and three fingers Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) Should an RSS feed of hot network questions feed any chat room(s) here?How do I get three finger gestures working again in Twitter for Mac after installing Lion?After my MacBook Pro sleeps some gestures don't work anymoreIs it possible to reassign the “Pinch with thumb and three fingers” gesture to activate Dashboard instead of Launchpad?Disable animation for “Swipe between full-screen apps”?OSX Yosemite Can't disable four-finger swipeDrag with three fingers missing in OS X 10.11 Beta “El Capitan” (15A215h)A shortcut for Merge all Windows on macOS SierraSet the hostname/computer name for macOSmacOS: Identify tool and keyboard shortcutQuickly save Screenshot in MacOS Mojave with keyboard Shortcut

          What's wrong with this bogus proof?What's wrong with this random variable proof?What's wrong with this proof that all UFDs are Bezout?What's wrong with this proof by contradiction?A bogus proof of countable power setWhat's wrong with this proof $1=i^2=-1$What is wrong with this proofWhat's wrong with this proof of symmetry of equality?What's wrong with this 1 = -1 proof?What's wrong with this proof? (Regular languages)What's wrong in this proof of 1=2?