Some apps are taking incorrect keyboard inputWhy do some shortcuts no longer work when using an alternate keyboard layout?Keyboard shortcuts are not working with NumLock key onSeveral keys on my ASUS desktop keyboard are not working in Ubuntu 12.04Ctrl, Alt and Super keys are all mapped as left Shift key on AZiO keyboardHow many keyboard key combinations are possible in Ubuntu?Win Key/Super Key doesn't do anything on logitech G610OS keyboard shortcuts conflict with apps keyboard shortcuts in GNOME 3Ubuntu 16.04 keyboard some buttons are not working properlySeveral keyboard shortcuts become switches to TTY3, TTY4, etc. - but only after lock screenMy keyboard cannot input “1”, maybe caused by shortcut setting

In Aliens, how many people were on LV-426 before the Marines arrived​?

Do I need to consider instance restrictions when showing a language is in P?

Is there a term for accumulated dirt on the outside of your hands and feet?

Turning a hard to access nut?

Maths symbols and unicode-math input inside siunitx commands

How do hiring committees for research positions view getting "scooped"?

Unfrosted light bulb

What exactly term 'companion plants' means?

두음법칙 - When did North and South diverge in pronunciation of initial ㄹ?

Suggestions on how to spend Shaabath (constructively) alone

Is there a hypothetical scenario that would make Earth uninhabitable for humans, but not for (the majority of) other animals?

Help prove this basic trig identity please!

How are passwords stolen from companies if they only store hashes?

Would it be believable to defy demographics in a story?

Knife as defense against stray dogs

Geography in 3D perspective

What is the relationship between relativity and the Doppler effect?

What does "^L" mean in C?

A Ri-diddley-iley Riddle

What favor did Moody owe Dumbledore?

Does the attack bonus from a Masterwork weapon stack with the attack bonus from Masterwork ammunition?

Are dual Irish/British citizens bound by the 90/180 day rule when travelling in the EU after Brexit?

Can you move over difficult terrain with only 5 feet of movement?

Do I need to be arrogant to get ahead?



Some apps are taking incorrect keyboard input


Why do some shortcuts no longer work when using an alternate keyboard layout?Keyboard shortcuts are not working with NumLock key onSeveral keys on my ASUS desktop keyboard are not working in Ubuntu 12.04Ctrl, Alt and Super keys are all mapped as left Shift key on AZiO keyboardHow many keyboard key combinations are possible in Ubuntu?Win Key/Super Key doesn't do anything on logitech G610OS keyboard shortcuts conflict with apps keyboard shortcuts in GNOME 3Ubuntu 16.04 keyboard some buttons are not working properlySeveral keyboard shortcuts become switches to TTY3, TTY4, etc. - but only after lock screenMy keyboard cannot input “1”, maybe caused by shortcut setting













0















I am using Okular 1.3.3 on Ubuntu 18.04 and experiencing problems with the keyboard shortcuts. No shortcuts that use alt or ctrl work now, which is a real pain.



In the 'Configure Shortcuts' tab, when I try and set a custom shortcut like ctrl+z it gives the input as ctrl+alt+z,alt+.... It seems that Okular has suddenly decided to read both ctrl and alt from the same key. A similar thing happens with the alt key, where Meta and alt are conflated.



I have adjusted those keys in GNOME Tweak tools with the option "Left Alt as Ctrl, Left Ctrl as Win, Left Win as Left Alt". But that setting has always been on, and Okular shortcuts had been working fine up until now. The double input problem persists if I turn the setting off (but now the original alt and ctrl keys give the problem) and in any case, the problem occurs with the rightside keys as well.



If I use xev or xbindkeys -k in terminal, the keymaps return the expected single key. It seems this is a problem occuring within Okular as it interprets the keyboard input. And it has occured suddenly without me updating Okular or anything. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Okular but the problem persists.



Has anyone else had this issue with Okular in a GNOME shell?



EDIT Have now noticed that this also occurs in RStudio. It definitely does not happen in other apps that I have tried so far. Why would these two apps in particular be incorrectly interpreting my input?



Are there any other approaches I could use to get to the root of this problem?










share|improve this question




























    0















    I am using Okular 1.3.3 on Ubuntu 18.04 and experiencing problems with the keyboard shortcuts. No shortcuts that use alt or ctrl work now, which is a real pain.



    In the 'Configure Shortcuts' tab, when I try and set a custom shortcut like ctrl+z it gives the input as ctrl+alt+z,alt+.... It seems that Okular has suddenly decided to read both ctrl and alt from the same key. A similar thing happens with the alt key, where Meta and alt are conflated.



    I have adjusted those keys in GNOME Tweak tools with the option "Left Alt as Ctrl, Left Ctrl as Win, Left Win as Left Alt". But that setting has always been on, and Okular shortcuts had been working fine up until now. The double input problem persists if I turn the setting off (but now the original alt and ctrl keys give the problem) and in any case, the problem occurs with the rightside keys as well.



    If I use xev or xbindkeys -k in terminal, the keymaps return the expected single key. It seems this is a problem occuring within Okular as it interprets the keyboard input. And it has occured suddenly without me updating Okular or anything. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Okular but the problem persists.



    Has anyone else had this issue with Okular in a GNOME shell?



    EDIT Have now noticed that this also occurs in RStudio. It definitely does not happen in other apps that I have tried so far. Why would these two apps in particular be incorrectly interpreting my input?



    Are there any other approaches I could use to get to the root of this problem?










    share|improve this question


























      0












      0








      0








      I am using Okular 1.3.3 on Ubuntu 18.04 and experiencing problems with the keyboard shortcuts. No shortcuts that use alt or ctrl work now, which is a real pain.



      In the 'Configure Shortcuts' tab, when I try and set a custom shortcut like ctrl+z it gives the input as ctrl+alt+z,alt+.... It seems that Okular has suddenly decided to read both ctrl and alt from the same key. A similar thing happens with the alt key, where Meta and alt are conflated.



      I have adjusted those keys in GNOME Tweak tools with the option "Left Alt as Ctrl, Left Ctrl as Win, Left Win as Left Alt". But that setting has always been on, and Okular shortcuts had been working fine up until now. The double input problem persists if I turn the setting off (but now the original alt and ctrl keys give the problem) and in any case, the problem occurs with the rightside keys as well.



      If I use xev or xbindkeys -k in terminal, the keymaps return the expected single key. It seems this is a problem occuring within Okular as it interprets the keyboard input. And it has occured suddenly without me updating Okular or anything. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Okular but the problem persists.



      Has anyone else had this issue with Okular in a GNOME shell?



      EDIT Have now noticed that this also occurs in RStudio. It definitely does not happen in other apps that I have tried so far. Why would these two apps in particular be incorrectly interpreting my input?



      Are there any other approaches I could use to get to the root of this problem?










      share|improve this question
















      I am using Okular 1.3.3 on Ubuntu 18.04 and experiencing problems with the keyboard shortcuts. No shortcuts that use alt or ctrl work now, which is a real pain.



      In the 'Configure Shortcuts' tab, when I try and set a custom shortcut like ctrl+z it gives the input as ctrl+alt+z,alt+.... It seems that Okular has suddenly decided to read both ctrl and alt from the same key. A similar thing happens with the alt key, where Meta and alt are conflated.



      I have adjusted those keys in GNOME Tweak tools with the option "Left Alt as Ctrl, Left Ctrl as Win, Left Win as Left Alt". But that setting has always been on, and Okular shortcuts had been working fine up until now. The double input problem persists if I turn the setting off (but now the original alt and ctrl keys give the problem) and in any case, the problem occurs with the rightside keys as well.



      If I use xev or xbindkeys -k in terminal, the keymaps return the expected single key. It seems this is a problem occuring within Okular as it interprets the keyboard input. And it has occured suddenly without me updating Okular or anything. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Okular but the problem persists.



      Has anyone else had this issue with Okular in a GNOME shell?



      EDIT Have now noticed that this also occurs in RStudio. It definitely does not happen in other apps that I have tried so far. Why would these two apps in particular be incorrectly interpreting my input?



      Are there any other approaches I could use to get to the root of this problem?







      keyboard shortcut-keys kde pdf okular






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited 2 mins ago







      Leo T. Osborne Jr

















      asked 3 hours ago









      Leo T. Osborne JrLeo T. Osborne Jr

      12




      12




















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer








          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1126494%2fsome-apps-are-taking-incorrect-keyboard-input%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Ask Ubuntu!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1126494%2fsome-apps-are-taking-incorrect-keyboard-input%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Is compression “encryption” under FCC regs?Signing of messages transmitted over ham radioWhy do Amateur Radio organizations in the United States oppose the relaxation of encryption prohibitions?How far from earth do FCC regulations apply?How can I know whether a radio is FCC approved?FCC tracking of unlicensed FRS/GMRS transmissionsWhy does the FCC put restrictions on symbol rates?legal - Do FCC regulations only apply in U.S.A?What are FCC/Industry Canada certification requirements for amateur radio related products?How to get professional or official clarification of FCC Part 97 rules for specific complicated situations?Is there any point to keep the CSCE after the FCC registers the upgrade?Do FCC regulations limit digital data rate?

          macOS: Name for app shortcut screen found by pinching with thumb and three fingers Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) Should an RSS feed of hot network questions feed any chat room(s) here?How do I get three finger gestures working again in Twitter for Mac after installing Lion?After my MacBook Pro sleeps some gestures don't work anymoreIs it possible to reassign the “Pinch with thumb and three fingers” gesture to activate Dashboard instead of Launchpad?Disable animation for “Swipe between full-screen apps”?OSX Yosemite Can't disable four-finger swipeDrag with three fingers missing in OS X 10.11 Beta “El Capitan” (15A215h)A shortcut for Merge all Windows on macOS SierraSet the hostname/computer name for macOSmacOS: Identify tool and keyboard shortcutQuickly save Screenshot in MacOS Mojave with keyboard Shortcut

          What's wrong with this bogus proof?What's wrong with this random variable proof?What's wrong with this proof that all UFDs are Bezout?What's wrong with this proof by contradiction?A bogus proof of countable power setWhat's wrong with this proof $1=i^2=-1$What is wrong with this proofWhat's wrong with this proof of symmetry of equality?What's wrong with this 1 = -1 proof?What's wrong with this proof? (Regular languages)What's wrong in this proof of 1=2?